Your First Visit
Understand Your Treatment Options
Your very first appointment in Radiation Oncology will be a consultation with the doctor. Your doctor will review your medical records with you, paying particular attention to your scans and the pathology report, which details the type of cancer you have. You should leave the appointment understanding why you need radiation treatment and how it can benefit your cancer treatment.
Questions to ask include:
- What type of cancer do I have?
- What stage is the cancer?
- What is the standard of care for this stage of cancer in the United States?
- What is the benefit to receiving radiation for this type of cancer? Will the radiation prolong my life? Prevent the cancer from recurring? Or will it help my quality of life by reducing pain or allowing me to eat/walk/sleep better?
- How will my radiation treatment be delivered?
- How many radiation treatments do I need?
- What are the short and long term side effects?
In Their Words
“I thoroughly enjoyed my appointment with Dr. Gullett. She made me feel so at ease and comfortable.”
“In this day and time doctors are in such a hurry to meet quotas or RVU’s that they forget patients are people and just want someone to listen to them. So thank you Dr. Gullett for your time and patience!”
“Everything was excellent…quality of care.”
“Everyone was so nice. You have a great staff.”
“The staff was great. I would not change anything.”
“Dr. Gullett was fantastic. I cannot dream of better care. Nursing staff was terrific. I have already recommended Dr. Gullett to friends.”
“I was very pleased with my time here. Everyone was so nice.”
“I’m glad I had to come from Cleveland…I love Dr. Gullett. Thank you all so much.”
“Very professional. Always felt comfortable…especially with Dr. Gullett.”