Chattanooga Radiation Oncology
Your First Visit
Understand Your Treatment Options
Your very first appointment in Radiation Oncology will be a consultation with the doctor. Your doctor will review your medical records with you, paying particular attention to your scans and the pathology report, which details the type of cancer you have. You should leave the appointment understanding why you need radiation treatment and how it can benefit your cancer treatment.
Questions to ask include:
- What type of cancer do I have?
- What stage is the cancer?
- What is the standard of care for this stage of cancer in the United States?
- What is the benefit to receiving radiation for this type of cancer? Will the radiation prolong my life? Prevent the cancer from recurring? Or will it help my quality of life by reducing pain or allowing me to eat/walk/sleep better?
- How will my radiation treatment be delivered?
- How many radiation treatments do I need?
- What are the short and long term side effects?
In Their Words
"From the moment I met her I knew that she had my best interest at heart. She clearly explained that I had different treatment options...She was with me every step of the way. So compassionate, understanding and knowledgeable. God truly blessed my circumstances when Dr. Gullett became my Radiation Oncology doctor. She is top notch!"
- Becky G., Google Review
"My daughter has stage 4 gliablastoma and had it not been for the care she received from Dr. Gullett and her staff she would probably not be with us now. I would highly recommend her, she is a wonderful caring doctor who does what is best for her patients. If you ever had the need for a Radiation Oncology doctor she would be my choice."
- Jackie K., Google Review
"Dr. Gullett is compassionate, knowledgeable and friendly. She listens and then develops a plan with you, taking into consideration what will work best for you. She suggested the Live Strong program at the YMCA, which was a wonderful program. Dr. Gullett is willing to think of healthcare in an expanded way, and to encourage the patient to do the same."
- Janette S., Google Review
“The staff was great. I would not change anything.”
“Dr. Gullett was fantastic. I cannot dream of better care. Nursing staff was terrific. I have already recommended Dr. Gullett to friends.”
“I was very pleased with my time here. Everyone was so nice.”
“I'm glad I had to come from Cleveland...I love Dr. Gullett. Thank you all so much.”
“Very professional. Always felt comfortable...especially with Dr. Gullett.”